Saturday, June 16, 2018

Meeting Notes 6/16

I am going to make these notes a little less formal and hopefully easier to read.

Great news! Summer lunches have been approved for 35 a day and we will get 35 afternoon snacks as well starting Monday!

A question had been asked about sharing incident reports. I will now alert staff anytime their is an incident report and they can view it on G drive. It can also be useful to view other branches reports around the same day. It lets us see we aren't the only ones with some eventful days and see branches with a lot of incident reports using best practices in both dealing with them and reporting them.

Patricia shared plans to organize board books by subject and size. Their is still fine tuning to be done as we organize but she had the idea to label sections under the shelf where we can see them but they are not so visible to customers.

Drew asked everyone to be accommodating to schedule changes as we will all be giving up planning time to see the floor is adequately covered to meet the Summer rush.

Fairly big change. We will no longer be assessing damage fines for the picture books or board books. This includes easy readers and flimsies, any books for beginning readers. Just remember to add a note for books that are returned damaged in the users account with a brief description of the damage and type of book. For example "forgave fine on board book with torn spine BLU 6/16/18-DA" I need to find out if we can extend this courtesy on FLIP kits as well, but until I hear we can, they will still have damage charged. Note this does not change fees for late or lost books. If we see customers returning consistently damaged materials, we can address it case by case, but I think that will be unlikely. I have been telling customers we do not charge fines on board books since I arrived at HPL and seen very few come back damaged. It will just be a way to remove an obstacle to early literacy.

Thanks,

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive